East Coast Development and Program Associate
American Friends of the Israel Philharmonic
New York, NY
American Friends of the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra (AFIPO) is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra. The Israel Philharmonic Orchestra (IPO) is the leading orchestra in Israel and globally recognized as a world-class symphonic ensemble. The Orchestra performs in Israel and tours extensively around the world. AFIPO seeks to strengthen and broaden the reach of the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra as the preeminent cultural ambassador for the State of Israel and expanding the support of classical music and musical education in Israel.
Reporting to the East Coast Director, the Development and Program Associate is responsible for special event coordination, designing and implementing a strategy for young leadership cultivation, and assisting with direct mail campaigns.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, execute and manage all aspects of the young leadership (Young Patron’s Circle – YPC) fundraising program, including prospect identification, research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Plan and execute all aspects of cultivation and fundraising events for YPC.
- Research current donors and prospects in support of the East Coast Director. Prepare written and oral presentations and proposals as needed to support the East Coast Director engaged in solicitations.
- Assist with the planning and execution of fundraising and cultivation events.
- Draft correspondence, reports and other written material as requested.
- Work collaboratively with the East Coast Director on development efforts as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Fundraising, project management and event planning experience.
- Ability to work effectively independently as a self-starter and as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented and with an ability to follow-through on responsibilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing, proofreading and editing skills.
- Organized with good time management skills and an ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated commitment to high ethical standards and confidentiality.
- Ability to attend programs and events outside of normal business hours.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook. Experience with donor software system. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Passion for Israel and the arts.
Please send cover letter, résumé, one writing sample, salary requirements and availability to:
East Coast Development and Program Associate Search
East Coast Intern
American Friends of the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra
New York, NY
American Friends of the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra (AFIPO) seeks an intern to provide a range of support in a small and very busy office environment. The ideal candidate will be a computer literate, energetic individual, who can multitask and has a passion for classical music and Israel.
American Friends of the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra raises essential funds and provides visibility across the United States and Canada for Israel’s largest cultural ambassador. Since 1980, this organization has worked in a non-partisan way to support one of the world’s great orchestras in their mission of making exceptional music and conducting impactful arts education programs. Led by Maestro Zubin Mehta, the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra plays over 100 concerts per year in their home hall in Tel Aviv and travels globally on tour.
The intern’s responsibilities will include:
- Research – gathering, analyzing, and reporting information on prospects and donors, as well as on other non-profit donor programs
- Assisting with mailings – invitations and other correspondence
- Writing, as assigned
- Drafting detailed reports for use by staff members
- Inputting research into database
- Developing ideas to expand our online social media presence through sites like Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter
- Keeping abreast of fundraising news through newspapers, magazines, and online publications, as well as social events for young patrons
- Excellent communication, writing, research and organizational skills
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Ability to work independently in a team environment
- Interest in Israel and classical music
Please send a cover letter, resume, one writing sample, and availability to:
East Coast Intern Search